MICHELE C. RUTH, PE
8 East High Point Road
Stuart, Florida 34996
(772) 631-6533 (cell)
Licensed Professional Engineer - Florida, Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania
M.S. Civil Engineering / Hydrogeology, Lehigh University, 1985
B.S. Chemical Engineering, Lehigh University, 1982
Athletic Experience and Coaching
Michele Ruth was captain of the lacrosse and field hockey teams at Lehigh University, located outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, playing in multiple national championship tournaments for both sports. She also participated on the Lehigh swimming, water polo, soccer and ultimate Frisbee teams. After graduating from Lehigh with a degree in chemical engineering, she continued her career at Lehigh as a coach of the lacrosse and field hockey teams, which were both nationally-ranked, Division I teams that advanced to National Championship Play-Offs.
Coach Ruth has coached a variety of sports and age groups over the past thirty years. In addition to her Division I college coaching experience at Lehigh, she also has the following lacrosse coaching experience:
- New Zealand National Women's Team, Technical Director - 2014 to present
- Head Coach of Girls’ Lacrosse at Jensen Beach High School - 2009 to 2016
- Director Coach - Barefoot Lacrosse (based in Stuart, FL) - 2010 to present
- Coach at XTEAM (international club based in Brooklyn, NY) - 2012 to 2017
- Head Girls’ Lacrosse Coach at The Pine School (Hobe Sound, FL) – 2006 through 2009.
- Women’s Lacrosse Coach at Anne Arundel Community College (Annapolis, MD) – early 1990’s.
- Coach of developmental and competitive lacrosse club teams for middle-school and high-school age players, in MD and FL – late 1980’s through the present. Coached at Stickbenders, a competitive girls’ lacrosse club in Vero Beach, in 2009. Coached at Martin County Pioneers, 2009 and 2010 seasons. Founded Barefoot Lacrosse, a competitive girls' lacrosse club in Martin County, in 2010.
- Coach at numerous Girls’ Lacrosse Camps.
Coach Ruth has also coached youth basketball, and recreational and competitive youth soccer teams in MD and FL. She holds the highest Florida state coaching license for soccer, and most recently coached high school girls’ soccer at The Pine School during 2008-2009. Coach Ruth also started and coached two competitive girls’ soccer teams at Jensen Beach Soccer Club.
Ms. Ruth has taught swimming, canoeing and other water sports after getting certified as a lifeguard, and then as a Water Safety Instructor. She worked as a camp counselor and aquatics instructor teaching these skills at an overnight summer camp for six years, and continued private instruction of swimming for more than a decade. She is an avid surfer, and occasionally competes in surfing contests.
Consulting and Research- Ms. Ruth is the President of Ruth Associates, Inc., a nation-wide consulting firm specializing in the investigation and remediation of soil and groundwater contamination and water supply. As an expert hydrogeologic consultant, she has directed environmental investigations and the design and implementation of programs to clean-up the soils and groundwater at more than a hundred sites, including landfills and a variety of industrial sites. Prior to establishing Ruth Associates, Inc. in 1989, Ms. Ruth worked for an international consulting firm, Geraghty & Miller, Inc. Ms. Ruth relocated from Annapolis, Maryland to Stuart, Florida with her family in 2002, and continues to provide environmental consulting services.